Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Watergate Hotel no longer in danger

I got some great news from the Washington Post today. I have a really hot love scene between Lance Marshall and Savannah Carpenter in SHADOW OF THE MOON. I thought it would be cool to have the scene at the Watergate Hotel. So dh and I went on a research trip and stayed there--and had a fun time. Our room was one of the largest hotel rooms I've been in, with a bed at one end and a charming living room area at the other. Out the window was a great view of the Potomac River. All in all, it was the perfect location for my story.

After the book went to press, I found out that the company that owned the hotel was planning to turn it into condos. Lucky for me, residents in the Watergate apartment complex protested. They kept the plans from going forward. And now the D. C. housing market has flipped. Hotels are once again more profitable than condos. Which means the Watergate Hotel will be renovated into an even more luxurious setting. So now my h/h aren't going to a hotel that no longer exists.

Rebecca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.